Monday, May 02, 2005

Underwear goes inside the pants as do socks inside the fireboots!

Went to a fire call on Saturday afternoon. I was lazing around in my pj's when the alarm went off - alarm that sounds right throughout town - sounds like a big air raid siren!!! Anyway I managed to get a bra on but didn't bother with socks - didn't expect to be gone for 3 and a half hours either! Gross as it may sound I borrowed a pair of socks from a guy who was helping out but wasn't on the fire ground - he is a well put together clean kind of guy so I figured if I turned them inside out I would be okay. I guess I didn't have socks on soon enough cause I have 4 great big blisters on my feet - 3 on one foot and 1 on the other!!! The 3 have just about pretty much healed but the one on the back of my heel on the other foot I think is going to take a while. I was stepping down our front steps and stepped to close to the back of the stair and ripped the blister wide open - it hurt like hell!!! On a sad note - I quit the fire department today - not because of the blisters!!! I'm not into playing head games or looking for a power struggle - I just thought it best to leave on good terms instead of letting them have it! Besides, it wasn't what I am used to as far as departments are concerned - not after having been with Elkford and Whitehorse before Teslin. I think for now I will focus on the kids and maybe getting my craft area downstairs all organized (not likely going to get the craft thing done, but its the thought that counts!) When we leave Teslin I will get on a department in the new town we go to.

I just finished feeding Dani her supper and she has decided that her highchair is a nice place for a mid evening nap - as for Zach, in his carseat on top of the stove seems to be the perfect spot! I think this will be the perfect time for me to get a shower!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home