Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Post About Nothing in Particular.

This post is about nothing in particular. Not that I would even know that anybody is even reading this so they may not even care that this is really not all that interesting. Not that much has been going on around here. Dani learned how to say "no". I just about had a heart attack when I told her to sit in the tub and she said ever so softly "no". I made no reaction to it and told her to sit again - she sat. Friends of ours in Whithorse are moving to Old Crow, they sold their house yesterday, it was on the market less than a week. We went into town on Sunday and stayed the night at our friends house, we helped them drink some incredibly disgusting champagne, they have to get rid of any and all alcohol they may have cause Old Crow is a "dry" community. It is quarter to twelve in the middle of the night and I can still see dark blue in the sky, its just a bit darker than dusk. I made taco's for supper tonight - they were good. I rode my bike all over hell's half acre today - I would take a wild guess that it was between 15 and 20 kilometers - my ass hurts. I pulled the kids behind me in their trailer, you can definately feel the burn when your pulling those two! The trailer rides so smoothly, if it wasn't for the little bit of extra weight you wouldn't even know it was there. Early this afternoon I rode down to see Chris at work and then to the grocery store and home. When I got home I called our friend Robert and asked if he wanted to go for a ride, so back downtown I went and we rode all over the lower part of town and then up and around the airport back down to his house and then I rode home. Tomorrow I will ride again - I have junk in the trunk that I don't want to be bringing with me to BJ's wedding. I have lost about 7 pounds in the last two weeks, I am pretty proud of myself. On Saturday I am going to take the kids to town to go and watch the western firefighters combat challenge. Yes it does interest me to see the whole thing but I am also definately going to see some eye candy!!!! Whitehorse will be competing so I am going to go and cheer them on, I sure miss being on the department there. I am turning 25 on saturday. Aunt Judy hit the nail on the head when she said I am a quarter century old already. Sure glad I don't feel that old. If the next 25 are as good as the last 25 then I will be set! Chris turns 25 next weekend. When we have to disclose information to people they always look at us funny when we tell them our birthdays - must be because our birthdays are so close and in the same year. Zach is so close to rolling over, he gets right up on his side and then flops back down onto his back. They sprayed for mosquitos today. I did some laundry today. Mopped the floors too. Fed the kids. Contemplated having a shower... still am. Fed the dog, forgot about the fish. I broke a child lock off one of the cupboards. Put the kids down for a nap. Changed the tires, chain and seat on my bike. Wore special underwear for no special reason. Danced crazy all alone. Got dressed in five minutes. Blew bubbles all over the kitchen just to hear Danica laugh. Life is good, even when you don't do anything in particular.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 p.m. , Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Hey! I read this! I keep meaning to e-mail you, and then, well, I forget. Not a very good reason, is it?
Moving to Old Crow. Is this their choice? I can't imagine. But then, when I left Teslin I couldn't imagine ever living in a community again, and here I am in Carcross.
Have a good weekend!

 
At 4:09 a.m. , Blogger Playground In My Mind said...

I was reading another blog and read your comment there and came by to visit. I enjoyed your post. You sound much more mature than your years...have a fun ride:) Renee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home