Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Patiently Waiting till Tomorrow!

Here we are sitting in Whitehorse. It has almost been a week and I am patiently waiting the arrival of this baby! My mom will be here tomorrow and so as soon as her flight lands there will be no holds barred! Actually my doctor is going to do the whole sweep the membranes thing tomorrow at 4. Hopefully that will get things rolling in the next couple of days. Chris and I have been keeping ourselves as busy as we possibly can. The day after we got here I went through the kitchen at the place we are at and took everything out of the cupboards, bleached the cupboards, rewashed all the dishes and then bleached the counters. The next day we rented a steam cleaner from a company here in town and Chris spent around 5 hours cleaning carpets, furniture and mattresses - the water was DISGUSTING!!!!!!! I don't care about the cost of it or the fact that it should be done on a regular basis and isn't, it was more for piece of mind for us knowing that our kids aren't rolling around in someone else's filth! The next day I scrubbed down the bathroom. There isn't anymore cleaning left to do other than the everyday stuff like laundry and dishes. I went for a massage yesterday - I felt like a million bucks when I left! If only I could go everyday!

We bought a one month family pass to the rec plex here. There is the pool, track and kids play gym there. Mom and I plan on walking around the track a few times to get things going - much safer than trying to walk outside - at least I am less likely to fall and break my neck on a flat surface. We have been taking the kids to the indoor park up there and also to the pool. It wears them out and gets them good and ready for bed! In fact that is what the plan is tonight. Chris and I have been playing countless games of scrabble! Who thought a game like scrabble can last almost three hours! Dani has been keeping us entertained as usual. Her new saying is - if you ask her for some advice she will tell you "don't eat yellow snow" and if you ask her what daddy is she will tell you he is a "pack mule"!
Anyway I am using the library computer to keep everyone updated so I will be having to go now as my time here is up. I will try and get in to post again before the inevitable begins. Bye for now!

1 Comments:

At 6:45 p.m. , Blogger Karyn said...

Glad to hear the house is nice and clean and ready for the new baby! It's great that you have somewhere to take the kids to play for a few weeks.

Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home