Friday, July 15, 2005

Mommies Day Out.

So last Thursday was my day. Chris watched both the kids and I went to town. I got my hair permed, I did the grocery shopping in record time, went for an uninterrupted lunch with a friend, more or less pissed the day away. That is the first time I have ever left both of the kids and had a day to myself - it was great! When I left the house with only car keys in hand I felt like I was missing a whole lot of stuff! On any other normal day I would have been missing a tonne of stuff - things like 1 wiggly toddler, 1 screaming infant, 1 overstuffed busting at the seams diaper bag, 1 overflowing toy tote, 1 box of childrens gravol, barf pail, jug of water, 2 different changes of clothes, a stroller built for two, a childrens leash, a front carrier and a big bottle of aspirin! That seems to be the usual load of crap every time we go into town! So like I said with just car keys in hand I felt like I had forgotten something! My perm looks fantastic. I leave next Friday for Kristina's wedding in Fernie. I'm looking forward to going home but... if I felt empty handed leaving for just one day I wonder how five days will be - guess we'll find out!

1 Comments:

At 10:14 a.m. , Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Woo hoo! A free day! Why the gravol and puke bucket? Do your kids get car sick?
Tim and I have a deal. We each can have one free day a week in the summer. It's a life saver!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home