Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Turning into a Girl!

When Chris and I started going together I was pretty much a tomboy. I had short hair, short nails, and wore nothing but jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. The year that we got married I grew my hair to my shoulders, grew some finger nails but carried on with my job of being a hot shot delivery driver. A couple weeks ago I had my hair cut and permed and now tomorrow I am going to town to have my nails done. Six years ago I would have rolled my eyes and stuck my finger down my throat at the mere thought of "getting my nails done". Since we moved north I have become a little more feminine but am still not afraid to get to get into the jeans (the ones that fit anyway) and get right filthy! I am leaving Friday morning for Fernie with toddler in tow. I decided to bring Dani with me cause this will most likely be her last free flight anywhere (gotta milk it any way you can). Besides Chris and I think it will be good for her to have some time with both sets of her grandparents. I am really looking forward to our trip - she is a really good kid to travel with aside from the puking. I am just praying she doesn't barf on the plane - can you imagine if she did! Picture me all gussied up coming off the plane carrying a puke covered, ruffled hair, boogery nose toddler with a stinky diaper - NOT PRETTY!!! This week has completely flown by. I imagined it would just drag and that I would be able to get finished the huge list of things that I wanted to do before I go - well... I made the lasagne! The laundry has made it from washer to dryer to kitchen table. I wanted to be packed and ready to go tonight but we'll see. I'm sure it will be 3:15 on Friday morning and I will be sitting in front of the dryer anxiously waiting for it to finish so I could get the last pair of ginch to put in my suitcase. Did I mention I want to be leaving at 3:00! I am so thankful Dani likes to walk now cause there won't be any stroller for me to pack (just the leash). The less crap I have to pack the better. Anyway I have about 6 loads of laundry holding my table down and I suppose I should get it folded and put away before Dani gets up in the morning and decides I need a helping hand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home