Friday, March 31, 2006

How much would you trust them???

As you all know I have been teaching - if thats what you want to call it - the art class for the grade 7, 8, and 9 girls. A couple of weeks ago we made face masks from the material that you use to cast an arm or a leg. The masks turned out awesome! Yesterday the girls were painting their masks and came up with the brilliant idea that I needed to have one too. For those that know me you know that I don't do to well with stuff being put over my nose and mouth - especially hands! Funny thing how it doesn't bother me to wear an SCBA mask and to breath from a tank but as soon as I turn the air off it becomes a little more interesting! So after a little consideration I decided to let the girls cast my face. As I cadet I learned "don't ask somebody to do something that you yourself would not do". So I did it. I think I did pretty damn good for laying on my back with my face - except for my nostrils - completely covered in gauze and plaster for 20 minutes. I will post a picture of the mask once I bring it home. Does anybody know how to post video clips on their blog??? I would love to figure it out so that I can post a clip of the kids shaking it up!

1 Comments:

At 1:59 p.m. , Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg said...

I can't remember which kids would be that age now (Sherlyn? Raven?) but you are a very, very brave lady. That or you're just crazy. Can't wait to see the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home