Monday, March 06, 2006

A is for...

What a weekend! This weekend was the town rendezvous festivities. I spent the better part of the weekend down at the rec center running the kids coloring, reading and craft station. On Friday night we all dressed up in old time rendezvous gear and headed out to the family dance. The kids LOVED IT!!! They ran around all crazy with the other kids that were there. Since then I have had many comments about how social my daughter is - I wonder where she gets it??? Saturday I spent the whole day in the rec with the kids and then Saturday night was the potluck dinner and adult dance. We went for the potluck but made our way home before the dance started. On Sunday I went back down to the rec and was able to participate in some of the events going on since there weren't to many kids at my station. The first event was the mixed log saw. One of the locals and I competed in it together - we placed second. We sawed a piece of the log off in 37 seconds - the first place team got it in 36 seconds! I think we would of had it if the saw didn't stick on one of the passes. The second event was the chainsaw chuck - I sucked! The last event was the mad trapper relay. We had to start out by laying down on a tarp then when they said go, you had to jump up and put on a snowshoe, run to a log and hammer in a nail, run to a wood sled, take off the snow shoe, run the sled around the snow pile and back to the place you took the snow shoe off, drink a cup of water, put your snow shoe back on, run back to the beginning and sing happy birthday to Elvis (maybe Tagish Elvis hey Tammy!)I finished second in that with 1 minute and 1 second, the girl that got first did it in 53 seconds. So for dressing up I got this really pretty poncho and Chris got an awesome sweater. For the log sawing I won a Yukon electric travel coffee cup.

So Chris and I got our unofficial notice about getting moved to Watson Lake
(Home to North America's Largest Collection of Stolen Property - The Sign Post Forest) between April and July. I am looking forward to going but there is so much to get done here before we go anywhere. Its one thing for the movers to come and pack all our shit up but it is completely another when they have to come in and clean up all your shit as they go! Not that I'm a slob or anything its just that I have stuff out that I don't have a home for so it looks like a huge mess (in the basement)- anyway all I have to do really is get all the stuff I don't want and get it in a pile for a garage sale in april or may. I hope we move in April or early May or in the last part of July. We have to much going on to not move then. My sister is getting married the last weekend in May and Chris's sister is graduating around the same time so we are making the 33 hour drive home for them thankfully we don't have to make two trips - kill two birds with one stone. Then BJ and her hubbs are coming up here the first week of July - who wants to move when you have company! Its not like I really have any say in the matter but I do have wishful thinking - ultimately it will be up to Chris's supervisors.



Zach and Dani were in the tub last night - I love those foam letters and numbers!

A is for...
Dani in her new pampered chef hat and apron - she loves helping in the kitchen.
Zach getting into stuff!!!
Zach and Dani ready to go dancing at the family dance.

1 Comments:

At 5:25 p.m. , Blogger Karyn said...

Yay on the unofficial notice! We're still waiting here. I found out yesterday that the staffing guy actually lives here in town. I thought about camping out in his living room until he put our transfer through, but figured we might not get the best post if I did that! Hopefully you will get to move when it is convenient for you and not have to tryt and juggle vacation around it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home