Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy 27!

I turned 27 on Monday. I am now officially in my late twenties! UGH! Chris and the kiddies made me breakfast in bed - eggs, toast, and hashbrowns. Dani hopped up in bed with me and said "mommy I think I would like to share your toast with you". It was hilarious. I left the house at around 1 and went for a bike ride with a couple of my friends. We rode to the airport and back. From my house to the airport and back is a total of 27 km. I came home and Chris was in the process of making me a birthday cake. It tasteds AWESOME!!!! I have to admit - he is one hell of a cook! Tomorrow I am going to ride out to the junction and back with a couple of my friends - it should be around 45 - 50 km. Thankfully I have built up the callouses on my ass already! My sister is flying in on Friday and we are heading south together on Sunday night. We are probably going to be leaving here at around 3 am. We are hoping to get down to Vancouver by Wednesday. I think we might be able to get there by Tuesday night but it will all depend on the kids. My mom is flying from Cranbrook over to Vancouver for work stuff at the same time as I am down for my surgery. She is going to drive back to Cranbrook with me. We have to stop in Penticton on the way cause I have to pick up our new trailer. We bought one of those long white cargo trailers that you see being pulled a lot more now. We are going to use it for carrying cargo as well as to camp in. The kids are loving the long daylight and warmth now, they are spending just about everyday outside now. Ryley is getting HUGE!!! He is 14 pounds now. He started laughing out loud on May 10. I love hearing little kids and babies laugh - its so pure.
Anyway I am off to clean the basement - there is a shitload of stuff down there that needs to be put away into garage sale boxes as well as a huge mountain of laundry that needs to be done.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 a.m. , Blogger Karyn said...

Happy Birthday!!! (I'm officialy in my "early 30s", and I really don't want to talk about it!)

I hope your trip and surgery goes well.

We sold our house yesterday, so everything is on track for an early July move. We just need to get the a-ok from those in charge to go and buy a new house in the new town. Hopefully we'll be going out late next week. My mom is going to come and watch the kids, because we really don't want to go househunting with them dragging along behind us!

We are going to be out of our house in five weeks today. It seems really surreal, as we have been here for 6 years. I'm sort of pretending it's happening to someone else!

Hope you have a great summer! The biking sounds great. If it ever stops raining here I'll have to get mine out and do some before we leave!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home