Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fall Fair Results!

Now that I have recuperated enough from lack of sleep I can finally get down here and tell you all about the fall fair! Well as you all know this all started on Thursday when I made the pie crusts, nanaimo bars, and butter tart bars. I also fried my hand mixer - which I am still choked about! Thankfully my mom and dad bought us one of those big fancy kitchen aid stand mixers last year for christmas - by the way its a dream for making meringue! Maybe I won't miss my hand mixer to much! I also forgot to mention Dani woke up barfing Thursday morning - not pretty when the only thing in the kids stomach is bile and slobber! So anyway I went to bed around 1 am Friday morning, I got up around 8:30 and started to work right away on getting the pies made for Saturday. Both of the kids were clingy and didn't want to be put down at all! I didn't go to bed at all Friday night. I finally went and layed down for an hour at 6:30. I managed to get all 24 pies done - 6 lemon meringue, 8 pumpkin and 10 apple. I also made 2 dozen cinnamon buns and 6 loaves of bread. We were able to go down and stat setting up at 10am. The sale started at noon and there were only 7 vendors - 4 of them were baked goods!!! I couldn't beleive it! Not that I am a pro or anything but the one next to me didn't even look like they cooked their pie! They didn't even have the pies of cakes they brought wrapped! (it was a group thing) The other bake tables were at the other end so I didn't get to see a lot of their stuff. Anyway, I sold 18 of my jars (which is good for here) 23 pies, 1 pan of cinnamon bars, 1 pan of nanaimo bars, 1 pan of butter tart bars and 3 loaves of bread. I felt pretty damn good about it! I was a little concerned that I wouldn't sell any of my pie cause it was the highest priced ones there. I don't use canned fruit (except for the pumpkin - but its not the pumpkin pie filling it is just pumpkin) and the lemon meringue is not from a box. So anyway the ones on the other side of the room were selling theirs for 6, the ones beside me for 8 and mine were at 10. So now all I have to do is get the rest of my jars made for sprucebog and I will be set. I only have another 15 dozen jars to fill! I should be done by next year!!

2 Comments:

At 7:38 a.m. , Blogger peebugg said...

Only 15 dozen??? Man, you are a busy bee!!! I would be sobbing at 15 dozen and you are happy about it.

Congrats on the sale, sounds like you are on a role....good luck!!!

p.s.....do they ship well?? I'm hungry now!!

 
At 4:08 p.m. , Blogger Karyn said...

Great job! I have my Mom's old mixmaster from 1972, and every time I use it I have my fingers crossed that it will just hold out for one more meringue!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home