Saturday, September 03, 2005

3 Years and counting!

I am sure everybody who reads this is just dying to know what Chris and I did on our anniversary. Well we left at 10:30 as planned and got into Whitehorse around lunch time. Our first stop was wal-mart. Chris ran in while I changed a stinky on the boy child. It was cloudy and had been raining off and on all day. After wal-mart we were heading towards main street and Chris asked if I had any money on me - I said yes a toonie and he said good enough. Then he handed me my jacket and said your going to need this (it was pissing rain by now). He stopped at a stop light on main street and told me to get out and meet him at tim hortons in an hour and a half. I was completely confused but got out anyway! After wasting an hour and a half on main street I went and met Chris at tim's. I could see him sitting inside and figured he was there waiting with the kids. When I was just about there he met me outside - with NO kids!! I asked him where the kids were and he just smiled - the car seats were also missing from the car! When I got into the car there was a card there from our friend Jackie - she had the kids and was heading back to Teslin with them and we had the whole afternoon and night to ourselves! Once we started driving Chris handed me a hotel key and said that it was the other part to my surprise. He rented a JACUZZI SUITE at the high country inn!!! We went for a plate of nachos at Boston Pizza and then to the Beringia interpretive center. Then to the hotel and got ready to go for dinner. We went for the most delicious dinner we have had in ages! Chris took me to G&P Steakhouse. We ate calamari for an appetizer, ceaser salad, and then Chris had a 10oz steak and alaska king crab and I had 1 pound of alaska king crab. We got through a whole dinner without having to hear a 1 year old hollering that she was done before the appy even came! I am utterly amazed that food actually does stay warm until you are finished! It was the most relaxing dinner we have had in almost two years! After dinner we went for a walk down main street and then to DQ for a treat and then back to the hotel to relax and enjoy the rest of the night. The next day we checked out and went and did the grocery shopping in record time! With the two of us grabbing the stuff we needed it only took us around 2 hours before we were ready to hit the road back to teslin. Our night off was fantastic but both of us were chomping at the bit to get back and see the kids. I can't wait to see what happens next year!

3 Comments:

At 6:49 p.m. , Blogger peebugg said...

How wonderful and romantic.

It's amazing how children take over your lives and you don't even realize it.

I am the same way, can't wait to get away then it's a race to get back home.

Congratulations to the both of you!

 
At 11:36 p.m. , Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg said...

I have been WAITING to hear what Chris did! What a great guy! I was a bit concerned at first, when you said you were changing stinky butts. The High Country Inn! A night with no kids! The Jacuzzi! I want to be married to Chris, too.

 
At 6:25 p.m. , Blogger Jaime said...

How fun! Congrats on the anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home