Friday, October 21, 2005

My sad, pathetic attempt at jogging.

Day before yesterday I got up, got dressed and feeling pretty good decided to take the kids out in the buggy and try going for a jog. So after an hour of trying to get the monsters dressed, getting bottles made, looking for a bra that would hopefully hold things in, and finding some comfy clothes that would drape over the jiggly parts I was on my way. I left our house and headed down the hill. As I'm about three quarters of the way down the hill I am thinking to myself - hey this isn't so bad, I might actually not do too bad with this. About halfway to the end of our road (our road is just about 2 km long) I get a good cramp in my side but decide to run through it. I walked for a little bit and then ran some and then walked and then I dawdled and then I ran. I ran past the good looking guys that were working on the power poles (they were just sitting around) the whole while I'm thinking "I wonder if they can see my butt fat jiggling" probably laughed their asses off after I got past them. Make matters worse I had to run back past them on my way home - and I say "had to" cause there is no way in hell I was going to let them think that I am a slacker or anything like that. So I get onto the road heading back to our house and I am doing my walk, run, dawdle routine when the power company guys go driving past. So I pretend that I am actually trying to run, they get around the corner and I walk! Then I come around the corner and they can't find the house they are looking for so they stop me and ask if I know where so-and-so lives. I hurt SOOOOO bad from trying to run up the hill just so they wouldn't laugh at me! Why do we do things like that - looking back now I think I am such a dork!!! Thursday night rolls around and I go to my sewing class. One of the ladies there says "Hey I saw you running yesterday. Are you an early riser?" ME: Hell NO, your lucky if I am dragging my ass out of bed at 10:30 (the kids sleep late) HER: You should come with me and this other lady tomorrow morning. So me and my sad pathetic attempt at having a bathing suit ass in 61 days crawled ass out of bed at 6:50 this morning to go running - IN THE SNOW!!! It had snowed about an inch and a half last night! I am pretty impressed with myself - I kept up for the most part - minus the fact I didn't have fifty pounds of resistance to push either! I may or may not go out tomorrow morning - we'll see how sore I am in the morning! On the other hand I got Dani's halloween costume finished and it is so cute! She loves wearing the clown hair all over the house - she thinks its a fun hat!

3 Comments:

At 7:01 p.m. , Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

i was "riding" my bike down my street. at the end of it, well, to get to the end, there is the Holy Crap hill that is next to impossible to ride up. but, there is also a house on that hill. and a more than average emo looking boy who caught my fancy standing at the end of the driveway talking to some older dude who did not catch my fancy.
i decided to brave the damn hill and rode up it.
i will never do that again as long as i live. not even to get a guy to think i can take it. cause i cant.

 
At 7:45 a.m. , Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

well, at least someone got laughs out of my pain.
thinking back on it, im not sure why i decided to do it. i stood at the top of the hill, well, collapsed at the top of the hill. there is htis Y like break in the rode, and in the middle there is a patch of grass and a yield sign. so i hung out at the yield sign for almost 10 minutes before deciding the boy had gone inside.
not what i thought. he was still there. but he smiled when i came back down the street.
i've never seen him again...

i could never pull +50 lbs of kids behind me! you're a brave woman.

 
At 1:13 p.m. , Blogger amylovie said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.

Hmmm...mens sweaters. I've seen some nice, fairly easy, mens sweaters on www.knitty.com.

I wish my hubby would let me knit him a sweater. He says it's too hot it Texas to wear them, and he's probably right. I wear mine with pride on the 3-4 days it is cold enough.

Amy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home