Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Discovery Days!

This past weekend here was our discovery days celebrations. I was supposed to be the sparky fire dog mascot in the parade but then I got to drive the fire truck instead. I drove past Dani and Zach and Dani yelled "hi mommy, I come with you???". She makes me laugh. Chris's mom and dad are up right now for a visit. We are so spoiled its scary! They brought with them about 6 dozen cobs of corn - TABER CORN!!!!! If anybody has ever had the chance to have taber corn you know exactly why I am drooling just thinking about it! They also brought a shitload of baked goods, some jelly belly's for me and some wine gums for Chris as well as a bunch of presents for the kiddos! Its nice to get company! Tomorrow is the opening ceremonies and the meet and greet for the fire conference that I am going to this weeks. I have to miss Thursday cause Chris and I are going to the city for my ultrasound and a doc appointment. On Friday we have some meetings in the morning and then a golf tournament in the afternoon - wish me luck - I'm more of a grass hitter! Saturday is more meetings and then Saturday night is a big banquet put on by the fire marshalls office. I think we will make a trip down to Liard Hotsprings some time next week. Depends on how much time we run out of! The highschool phoned here yesterday wanting to know if I can already start subbing there next week! They want me to come in for the secretary cause she has some medical problems that need to be taken care of. I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it though cause I have to take Chris's parents back to Whitehorse on one of the days that they want me to come in. And in baby news - I can feel the bump starting to protrude! Anyway time for cuddles from my little girl. Talk to you all later!

1 Comments:

At 12:25 p.m. , Blogger Karyn said...

Hey! My niece stopped by here yesterday on her way back to TABER!! In fact, I believe the corn festival is this weekend.

Glad to hear that you are doing well, enjoying pregnancy and having fun at the festival!

Talk to you soon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home