Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Move - In All its Glory!

Well here we are day four in our new house. I finally found the power bar for the computer! The movers came to the house on Wednesday morning at about 9:30. They didn't leave the house till 2 the next morning! We left Teslin at about 2:30am and arrived in Watson Lake at about 5:00 Thursday morning. Needless to say it was a long day! As we were going through our stuff a few things from our wedding came to surface. Things like a "Just Married" sign decorated in glitter and flowers. As the two guys that were going to be moving us and unpacking our things in Watson Lake were jumping into the truck Chris and I were frantically tying the "SIGN" to the back doors of the rig! When we passed them on the highway I was pissing myself laughing - the sign was flapping in the wind! When they showed up here at noon on Thursday they both were laughing - say we pulled a good one on them! It took them from noon till 7:30pm to unload everything from the truck. I didn't bother getting them to unpack everything cause the house is pretty small so we have to figure out what we actually need and what can be put into storage until we move again. The people in Vancouver alotted us 9,000 pounds. They should have given us more weight allowance, we had over 13,000 pounds worth of stuff! As the movers were coming in with stuff they kept looking around like they didn't know where to turn next with each box! There are things I like about people moving us and there are things I don't like about people moving us! The things I like are: I don't have to pack a single thing, I don't have to pack a single box, I do not have to load or unload any kind of a moving truck and it gets done (usually) in one to three days. The thing I don't like about somebody else moving us is: I CAN"T FIND A STINKING THING!!!!! There is no rhyme or reason to any of the boxes. The movers did a great job packing the boxes and wrapping every single thing they touched in packing paper. I might have enough paper to start my own school! Anyway nothing was broken and everything went smooth and quick! Now here we sit day four still trying to make some sense of the mess of boxes spread all over the house! The kids are adapting well to the move and are loving all the papers and boxes all over the house. I need to get some stuff unpacked and put away - Bobbi-Jo and Steve will be here in four days and they need a room to sleep in! I will post some pictures when I get a chance to find the camera! Night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home