Saturday, April 29, 2006

Our latest trip to the city!

Yesterday Chris, the kids and I took a trip to the city (again). Chris had to bring one of the work vehicles in for servicing and I followed in our vehicle. Of course we are only about 20 minutes from town and you know who ralphed in the back seat! Thankfully it was mostly slobber and not curdled milk - still stunk though. We decided to FINALLY buy a new kitchen table. It is a counter height table - we decided against the glass one I previously posted about. I just look out my front window and know that I don't want glass anything for a very long time! Seats eight, has a lazy susan and a leaf. It is an amaretto color - I will try to post the picture of it but I'm not promising anything great! We also bought a portable dishwasher cause the house we are moving into doesn't have one like this house does. I can't stand washing plastic dishes.
















Took the kids walking down mainstreet yesterday - each of them on a kid leash. I ran into a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a very long time. We stood on the corner and were chatting while my kids walked around like tethered dogs. This older lady came over to tell me that my son was about to run into traffic and was all snotty acting like I wasn't watching the boy child - then she says oh nevermind I see now that he is tied up. I had some grown man come over walk right up to my kids and stand there and bark at them. Do you ever have that overwhelming urge to beat the hell out of somebody? I wish that I had some witty comments to put people in their place - any suggestions? Nothing too rude just something to say to make them know that their behavior is unappreciated and that I am annoyed! Seeing as we live in communities that are heavy into dogsledding my favorite so far is "four more kids and I'm going to have a sled team" NO MOM that does not mean I am seriously having six kids! The rest of the day went well - pretty uneventful. The kids slept all the way home so my darlin daughter didn't go to bed till 2:30 this morning. They both went to bed tonight at 8 - I don't know what to do with myself! I finished stitching one of the mittens that I am making for my dad tonight. I have to stitch the other one and then do the liners and then they are finished. It looks so awesome! I will post a picture of them when I have them finished.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 p.m. , Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Good grief, there are some annoying people around! When the guy started barking at the kids, you should have said "Sic 'em, kids! Sic 'em!" Of course, that's not really the best thing to teach the little darlings...

 
At 2:38 p.m. , Blogger Karyn said...

I was just talking to Derek today about how complete strangers seem to think it is perfectly acceptable to comment on other peoples lives, parenting, whatever. Soory you had to deal with a couple of asshats.

 
At 11:03 a.m. , Blogger peebugg said...

I personally think the leash thing is good!!! My youngest could weasel out of them all but the other two were safe and secure.

Maybe you could say "they don't talk to strays" or something...I don't know it's difficult to come up with something when your mad

 
At 3:59 p.m. , Blogger Jaime said...

Oooh, that totally ticks me off! People can be so stupid.

I used the "leash" when my daughter was younger. Better that she was safe next to me than running around and getting lost.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home