Friday, July 14, 2006

A New Sandbox

Yesterday Chris and I built the kids a new sandbox to play in. Our backyard has a nice big tree right in the middle that people have been tying their dogs to, so unfortunately there is no grass growing around the bottom of the tree - we decided it was the perfect spot for a sandbox. I feel sorry for the poor bugger that moves into this house when we leave! If they don't like it they can suck all the sand out and put in a garden. We used ten garden ties, in two layers, and made a nice big hexagon around the base. After we had been out with the kids all day yesterday we came in the house and gave them a bath - I swear half the sand we brought home was in the tub! Everything has been slowly getting unpacked. The house is starting to feel more like home now that we got some pictures on the walls. Tonight we had company for dinner. I found out that my friend was learning to play the bagpipes a few years ago and she found out that I play so now she wants me to teach her how to play! I'm pretty excited but a little bit nervous considering I haven't taught in a few years and I haven't picked the suckers up since remembrance day! I guess I better get my ass in gear and start remembering some stuff and find my teaching sheets! The first few lessons should be pretty easy considering it will just be the scale - all 9 notes! My first doctor appointment is in 11 days. I'm hoping that we will be able to hear the baby's heartbeat by then. We heard Dani's when I was 10 weeks. When I go on the 25 I will be 11 weeks. I can't believe how quickly the time is going already - I am almost 3 months already! Anyway, I'm off to bed to get some much needed sleep! Night all.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 p.m. , Blogger peebugg said...

Great sandbox idea....I hope your covering it so cats won't think they are in litterbox heaven....

And congrats on the renter in your belly..... I haven't been a very good blogger lately....or I would of said that sooner....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home