Saturday, September 23, 2006

I feel...

Yesterday was definately not one of my best days. It was all I could do to drag my sorry ass from bed to the couch. I slept off and on through the (10 minutes here and there) while trying to get the kids not to totally destroy the house! At about three I finally decided to get out of my pj's and take the kids to the mail and the grocery store. As I was getting dressed I had a look in the mirror and thought to myself - Oh man this is bad!!! My hair was messy, my pants looked like I was waiting for a flood, and I had no makeup on at all. Dani came in and took my hand and said "mommy, yer bootiful" That was all I needed to hear! Its funny how a two year old can make you feel like the most gorgeous person in three words - even if you feel like crapola for the better part of the day! Today I feel much better after having a good nights sleep.

The kids are really missing their dad. Dani wants to sleep in his t-shirts all the time and on his side of the bed! Zach goes in our room looking for him all the time. DSani has been drawing pictures for him and everytime he calls she "shows" him the pictures. She has become a lot more verbal int eh last month. Its almost like having a conversation with a short adult! She is even opinionated (Who knows where she got that!) If I let her smell some candles and she doesn't like it she says "mom thats a yucky one, I don't like it" She is always looking out for Zach. Today she tried to help him pee in the potty. Took his diaper off and had him up on the stool at the potty. Its hard to get her to understand that he is too little to pee in the potty right now! She has been potty training her bear also. Apparently bear can't wipe his own bum either cause I got called in to do the wipe the other day. She makes me laugh! Zach is becoming more and more interested in the boy things. He LOVES cars, trucks, planes, and helicopters. We have a halicopter landing pad right across from our house so every time he hears it he is at the window yelling his version of the word helicopter! His favorite cars right now are a little green fire truck and a blue police truck - go figure! lol.
Chris will be home in 1 week and 2 days. I miss him like CRAZY! I have been able to finish a lot of things that I started around the house - the basement in particular is looking pretty good. Its still not finished but it is getting there. I can see over the piles of junk now and the floor has more open space now - not just pathways! I need to buy a couple more shelves for extra blankets and towels - there is just no room up here for that stuff. Its hard to get it finished in one day when I am chasing the monkeys around and trying to keep them out of the boxes. It is easier to work down there when they are in bed. It only leaves me with a few hours before I go to bed but anything is better than nothing. The other day Dani said to me "mommy lets go downstairs and clean, its messy down there!" I nearly fell over laughing! My next project is our bedroom. I want to rearrange it for winter and want to reorganize the closet so that we can fit all our clothes in there. Its easy for me - I don't have too much in the way of preggy clothes so my stuff won't take up a lot of room. Chris however has a ton of stuff on his side! He has all his work clothes as well as his everyday clothes packed into the closet! So downstairs I built him a little closet thing for his work stuff - now all I have to do is move it all downstairs! Tonight is pancake night for supper so I better go and get things cooking! Night all.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 p.m. , Blogger Karyn said...

Aww. Kids always know just when to say the right thing. Glad she made you feel better. It sounds like Zach and my son would get along really well with the whole vehicle thing they have in common!

Yay that Chris is coming home in just over a week! You've almost made it! Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home