Friday, September 15, 2006

What did you teach your kids today?

Today my kids learned that when it gets cold out mommy will let you pull all the flowers out of the garden and out of the planter boxes. They also learned that when the leaves turn yellow they start to fall off the trees. And that their mother is more than willing to shake the crap out of the tree just to see the look of excitement on their faces when all the leaves fall down on top of them! Last night it got down to -10. All my flowers suffered and so this afternoon I put them out of their misery and pulled every last one of them. After telling dani all summer not to touch the flowers she was a little apprehensive about pulling them out with me. I might take the kids out to Simpson Lake tomorrow - its about an hour north of town. Apparently it snowed there yesterday. Friends of ours are going camping there tonight and invited the kids and I for the afternoon tomorrow. We will probably go I just want to get the lawn mowed tonight or tomorrow. If its going to snow I want to be ready for it. The basement is coming along slowly. I've got all four shelves put together and all Chris's tools and my candles are making their way to the shelves. The kids are in a routine now!!! Zach is in bed between 8 and 8:30 and Dani is in bed usually a half hour after Zach goes. Zach has also finally started sleeping through the night! Last night makes five nights in a row. This is awesome having them in a routine but now I find that I have nothing to do in the evening. Well not nothing but I am kind of wandering around going now what? So I started doing the box of puzzles that Chris bought me last year for christmas. Its a box of 10 puzzles with 500 pieces each. I am averaging 1 puzzle a night - I am quickly running out of puzzles! I leave for town on the 29th. I have a doc appt in the afternoon and then a friend of ours is having a b-day party for their daughter and the kids were invited. So we are going to spend the night there. I pick Chris up at the airport on the 2 so I think we will just hang out around town or Teslin till his flight gets in. I have another ultrasound on the 2nd and am really looking forward to it. All the pain of having to pee so bad is very worthwhile when I get to see our little munchkin. Anyway better get supper ready its getting to that time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home